Duties and Responsibilities
The Clerk's office coordinates the scheduling of all functions at the township hall. Besides the various Township Board, Commission, and Committee meetings, meetings for homeowner, civic and other non-profit groups.The Clerk’s office also handles the large item drop-off day, some communications (newsletter), issuance of Solicitor’s Permits, and cemetery lot sales.
A Special Election for Brighton Township residents living in the Brighton Area School District will be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2019. Polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Please note the last day to register for this election in any manner other than in-person with the local clerk is Monday, October 21, 2019. In-person registration with the local clerk with proof of residency is October 22 through November 5, 2019.
Electors who wish to obtain an absent voter ballot for this election may download an application or contact the Clerk's Office at 810.229.0560. Absent voter applications have automatically been mailed out to those voters who have requested to be on the permanent absent voter application list.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
To submit a Freedom of Information Act request please fill out our online form here.
- Absent Voter Application (PDF)
- Building Reservation Form (PDF)
- Committee Application (PDF)
- Election Inspector Application (PDF)
- Enhanced Electronic Records Request Application (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Form (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Procedures and Guidelines (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Written Public Summary (PDF)
- Request to be Placed on the Permanent Absent Voter List (PDF)
- School District Map (PDF)
- School District Voting Precinct Map (PDF)
- Voting Precincts Map (PDF)