The Township Manager is responsible for the day to day administration of
Charter Township of Brighton government. This position is filled by the Board of Trustees
and is responsible to the Board for his/her actions.
Specific duties are established by Township Ordinance for the Manager. Among
these duties are the following:
- Ensure all township ordinances are enforced equitably and consistently.
- Administer rules, ordinances and court judgments regarding soil removal.
- Manage all public improvements, projects and utilities.
- Liaison with governments entities, citizens, attorneys and the press.
- Maintain records of Township owned properties, buildings and equipment.
- Administer contracts between the Township and others.
- Attend all Township Board meetings providing key information to the Board.
The manager may partake in discussion but does not vote.
- Recommend to the Board various policies, procedures and ordinances.
- Be an ex-officio member of all Boards and Committees of the Township.
- Prepare and administer the annual township budget under state law.
- Be responsible to the Board to provide research and administration of their
- Act as township Purchasing Agent or delegate this function but remain responsible
for its proper administration.
- Administer personnel policies as directed by the Board for all appointed
- Develop and administer operational procedures to increase efficiency and/or
- Coordinate activities of the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals
and the Building Department.
- Perform other duties as directed by ordinance or resolution of the Board.