Duties and Responsibilities
The Clerk's office coordinates the scheduling of all functions at the township hall. Besides the various Township Board, Commission, and Committee meetings, meetings for homeowner, civic and other non-profit groups.The Clerk’s office also handles the large item drop-off day, some communications (newsletter), issuance of Solicitor’s Permits, and cemetery lot sales.
Upcoming ElectionOn Tuesday, March 10, 2020, a Presidential Primary Election will be held for the purpose of voting for candidates seeking nomination for the office of President of the United States. There are no other offices or proposals on the ballot for Brighton Township voters.
Please note: This is a closed Primary, which means that voters must select either a Republican Party or Democratic Party ballot type in order to receive a ballot. By law, this selection must be in writing; therefore voters will be required to select their ballot type on the application to vote at their precinct or on their application for an absent voter ballot.
Polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Please note the last day to register for this election in any manner other than in-person with the local clerk is Monday, February 24, 2020. In-person registration with the local clerk with proof of residency is February 25 through March 10, 2020.
Applications for an absent voter ballot are available here or at the clerk’s office (810.299.0560). Absent voter applications have automatically been mailed out to those voters who have requested to be on the permanent absent voter application list.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
To submit a Freedom of Information Act request please fill out our online form here.
- Absent Voter Application (PDF)
- Building Reservation Form (PDF)
- Committee Application (PDF)
- Election Inspector Application (PDF)
- Enhanced Electronic Records Request Application (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Procedures and Guidelines (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Written Public Summary (PDF)
- Request to be Placed on the Permanent Absent Voter List (PDF)
- School District Map (PDF)
- School District Voting Precinct Map (PDF)
- Voting Precincts Map (PDF)